commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Shah, Mehul - Contractor" <mehul.s...@xo.com>
Subject RE: File Upload does not work....
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 15:15:25 GMT

Craig,

I am not including the servlet.jar file in my war file and I have the
common jar file "commons-fileupload-1.0.jar" in the WEB-INF\lib folder.

I appreciate your help.

-Mehul Shah

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig R. McClanahan [mailto:craigmcc@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 9:55 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List; Shah, Mehul - Contractor
Cc: commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org; rpieroni@dexem.com;
jan.vervecken@pandora.be
Subject: Re: File Upload does not work....

Quoting "Shah, Mehul - Contractor" <mehul.shah@xo.com>:

> Hello,
>

> I am using Tomcat 4.1 and Commons-FileUpload api. I cant get it
working.
> I get the following error:

One thing to ensure is that you're not trying to include servlet.jar
inside your
webapp (since it's built in to Tomcat already).  Including servlet.jar
is
pretty much guaranteed to cause you very wierd errors, and this could
certainly
be one of them.

On the other hand, it is important to include commons-fileupload.jar and
any
JARs it depends on (see the docs) in your webapp's WEB-INF/lib
directory.

Craig