commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [ANN][hivemind] hivemind has been temporarily taken offline
Date Sun, 09 Nov 2003 20:46:12 GMT
On 7 Nov 2003, at 16:05, Harish Krishnaswamy wrote:

> Hi Danny,
>
> I don't deny the recommedation that the PMC should be notified of
> situations such as this although I don't know why the PMC list is
> private.

it's private so that the pmc has a confidential forum for discussions.
(general is the right forum for pmc discussions that are not
confidential.) in this case, howard's a pmc member so he has karma and
can participate. the pmc can grant subscription karma for non-members
if they need arises to talk to someone (who isn't a pmc member)
confidentially.

we've probably gone too far in the direction of making everything
private. (that's why general has probably been far too quite
recently...) but in this case, it seems entirely proper for the
discussions with howard to take place in confidence on the pmc list.

> But it seems like all this confusion is due to the lack of proper
> protocols defined in a public place that people can follow, or have I
> not looked around well enough. May be this is the first such situation
> and something may spring out of here, I don't know.

you're probably right that this sort of stuff isn't very well
documented. we probably need to find time to put some pages up.

- robert