commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject [DbUtils] Commit flag on QueryRunner
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2003 16:28:40 GMT

Hi,
I have a request from a coworker who uses DbUtils to add a flag to turn
of auto-commit in the QueryRunner.  The text of his request is below.
What do you think, is it too big to get into DbUtils 1.0?

"There needs to be an option on QueryRunner to turn off the commit()
calls on the updates that use a datasource.  I would like to use it to
build DAOs which will be used in the context of the JTA.  This might be
through either EJB beans or more directly using UserTransaction.  The
presence of the commit calls setAutoCommit, commit, rollback) in the
update methods that use a datasource make this impossible with those
methods.  What I would like to do is instantiate a QueryRunner with a
flag to turn this off."

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics