commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [DIGESTER] access to private members?
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 19:00:43 GMT
hi james

this seems to me to be somewhat related to discussions we've been
having about factoring out the actual implementation used so that
subclasses can use the setProperties logic without being tied to
beanutils. this would probably allow a simple solution to you problem
to be easily constructed.

i'd like to see beanutils support this kind of thing and i know how i'd
like to see it supported (we've even been moving towards it) but my
apache time seems to be taken up with talking rather than coding these
days. the refactoring of digester would be easier and quicker than
adding this to beanutils.

comments welcomed :)

- robert