commons-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: OT: Re: was [ANN] hivemind has been temporarily taken offline, NOW: Geronimo code onwership
Date Sun, 09 Nov 2003 18:34:44 GMT

On Sunday, November 9, 2003, at 12:15 PM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>> Take it to the members list or the Geronimo list.
>
> He can't take it to the members list.  He's not a Member.  Which also
> means
> that he's not privy to whatever, if any, discussion occured on that
> list
> regarding Geronimo or any other project, as the content of that list is
> confidential.

True, but the member discussion is irrelevant because the project was
initiated with as much fanfare as possible, with open invitations to
anyone and everyone to review the code as posted.

> Judging from his messages on Incubator General
> (http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/
> SearchList?listId=&listName=general@incu
> bator.apache.org&searchText=Cekvenich&defaultField=sender&Search=Search
> ), I
> can see why he is upset that Geronimo project got green lighted, and
> his
> basicPortal messages were ignored.  basicPortal looks interesting.  One
> problem is that far too many messages have been, and continue to be,
> ignored
> on Incubator.  Incubator needs more resources.

That's all well and good, but the reason to be mad at Apache can't be
because of some imagined hijacking of someone else's IP, in this case
JBoss's with Geronimo.  There are probably a lot of criticisms that can
be debated about Apache, but respect for IP isn't one of them.

I think that we are in violent agreement :)

geir

geirm@optonline.net