commons-dev mailing list archives

From __matthewHawthorne <ma...@phreaker.net>
Subject Re: [vsf] sandbox etiquette
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 21:37:56 GMT
I was in a similar situation a few weeks ago with [sql].

Here's some words of wisdom from
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?JakartaCommonsEtiquette

"The right thing to do is to ask on the list or talk to the owners of
the component (see the STATUS file) before diving in. The owners may not
be still subscribed to the commons-dev list and so you might need to
contact them directly."

After that, if you don't hear any responses, I would imagine that you
could go ahead start working on it.  You may want to check the Gump
stats to see what other projects depend on it, depending on the type of
changes you are making.

Anyone else been in this situation?  It's undesirable to step on
someone's toes, but even less desirable to let good projects die...