commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver.He...@t-online.de (Oliver Heger)
Subject Re: [latka]Project alive?
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 09:59:13 GMT
Fine! Then would there be interest for the following feature:

I have written a simple HTML parser that is able to extract links (<a>
tags, forms, frames) from HTML pages. My tool that I have mentioned in
my first mail, stores these links for all pages that it has loaded. It
then allows to define requests that follow some or all of these
extracted links.

So after a page was loaded it is e.g. possible to say "follow the 1st
link of this page", or "follow the link with the text xy", or "send the
first form with the following parameters". This way quite dynamic tests
can be defined.

As far as I understand Latka it at the moment supports only static URLs
that must be defined in the test XML file. This could it make difficult
to test dynamic web applications that generate complex URLs for
accessing its elements. Writing test scripts would be easier if those
URLs could be extracted directly from the loaded pages.

Do you think this feature is worth to be added to Latka?

Oli