commons-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Ignacio Cidre <jici...@sib.interbanking.com.ar>
Subject Re: [OT] RE: DBCP - ReapingObjectPool
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 23:42:22 GMT

Long story.
I got involved in a big-almost-finished project (arround 6.000 classes,
up to 15 levels of inheritance) 3 months ago to rework the core. It was
having problems. i.e. lost connections and never closed transactions,
concurrency problems, etc.
Replacing the home made ConnectionPool for a good one ;) was easy.
Now I'm dealing with the lost transactions.
In this (again) home-made framework, transaction commiting and closing
is a programmer responsability.
:(
I'm trying to do the same thing here since is exactly the same problem.
finallizers and try{}finally{} has some particular problems in this
framework.
N.

Mainguy, Mike wrote:

>Just out of curiosity,
>  What sort of situation do you have that objects get borrowed, but then
>forgotten?  This is an interesting side-effect of pooling.
>
>worse is better

(Kmart) and may contain confidential and proprietary information. You are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action
based on information contained herein is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized use of information
contained herein may subject you to civil and criminal prosecution and penalties. If you are
not the intended recipient, you should delete this message immediately.