commons-dev mailing list archives

From __matthewHawthorne <ma...@phreaker.net>
Subject Re: [lang][codec] Sanity checking a client project build
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 17:45:58 GMT
You're definitely not nuts, but perhaps a little paranoid ;).

 From what I've seen, it seems to be a prereq of any released commons
component that ALL unit tests must pass.  This is one of the reasons
that I've never had a doubt about creating a dependency on any project
from commons.

So, while invoking these tests from your own project does seem safe, it
also seems unnecessary.  The [lang] developers (which of course includes
you) are already ensuring that all of the tests pass and that the code
is solid.

Now if you're depending on the CVS HEAD, that's a different story.  But
even in that case, running the tests whenever you do a cvs update seems
to be enough.

Although, releasing a unit test jar is an interesting idea.

the extra work for yourself?