commons-dev mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: [Math] common-math and bloated 3rd party libraries
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 20:09:51 GMT
Paul Libbrecht wrote:
>>> a.) logging:
> I don't really agree here. I do think it is very useful for any system
> to be able to raise a logging verbosity at any-time so that bugs and
> misunderstandings can be tracked.

It depends on the complexity of the stuff potentially being prepared
for logging. I don't think [math] is already complex enough that
built-in logging is warranted. The implemented algorithms should be
reasonably fail-safe for the most part. Failures could be sensibly
handled with exceptions, and data for tracking down the problem (e.g.
convergence problems in the solver) should be available. If not, this
should be corrected of course.

Well, if complexity raises further, then its another matter...

J.Pietschmann