commons-dev mailing list archives

From __matthewHawthorne <ma...@phreaker.net>
Subject Re: [vsf] WAS: [general] Zip file proxy?
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2003 16:49:36 GMT
I've been in similar situations, where I had a lot of references to File
objects, but then started loading resources as URLs from the classpath.

Eventually, if you're reading config data you need an InputStream.  You
may want to consider passing streams or Properties objects around
instead of File references -- especially since your config data is
read-only.  For security purposes, why even allow access to methods like
delete() or deleteOnExit()?  All the components care about is the
content of the File.

This obviously doesn't solve your problem... but it may be something to
consider.