commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject [math] CVS History
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2003 04:23:10 GMT
Unfortunately, the way I moved us out of the sandbox (Based on the
directions in the Wiki) didn't maintain historical information about the
files. I want to attempt to fix this by making some modifications in the
cvs tree. I would like to complete the following steps directly on the
cvs tree in the file system on cvs.apache.org.

1.) Back up both the jakarta-commons/math and
jakarta-commons-sandbox/math cvs trees to tar balls.

2.) remove the contents of jakarta-commons/math and physically move the
contents of jakarta-commons-sandbox/math into jakarta-commons/math

3.) reapply the first import and last 16 commits to the
jakarta-commons/math cvs tree

I believe this should bring over the historical information. If it
doesn't I will return the directories to their current state by
replacing them with the contents of the backup and seek an alternate
solution. Any thoughts?

-Mark