commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: Web Presence for ALL Jakarta Commons components
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2003 23:02:14 GMT
The only difficulty I have is that theres a great deal of historical
information still in the sandbox cvs tree for math, even though the
latest version has been deleted, you should review how many of these
trees are historical and are actually now empty directory structures
(all files deleted). These are easily removed from any cvs checkout
using -Pd.

I'm not impressed with the way I moved the math project out of the
sandbox, its version tree sould have been moved physically up to
commons. This is a little late now, but we should consider moving other
sandbox projects from now on in a way that maintains the historical
information.

-Mark

Dirk Verbeeck wrote:
> I'm also willing to help a hand mavenizing the commons (sandbox)
> components.
>
> What do you guys think about the maven setup of DBCP as example (menu
> layout/content)?
>
> Shouldn't we cleanup the sandbox a bit first?
> (tar & rm)
> The following components are graduated out the sandbox:
> betwixt        cli        codec
> daemon        dbutils        digester
> discovery    el        fileupload
> jelly        jexl        lang
> latka        launcher    logging
> math        modeler        primitives
>
> These components/directories can also be removed IMHO:
> amend        empty
> cjan        empty
> graph        empty
> latka-webapp    empty
> morphos        empty
> pattern        empty
> cadastre    empty old avalon comp
> cvs        empty dir
> periodicity_1    empty dir
> jdbc2pool    moved into dbcp
> util        move into lang & collections
> bzip2        moved into IO
> altrmi        moved to incubator
> jux        no real code
> armi        old altrmi project
> http        old httpclient
> jpath        old jxpath
> joran        only proposal 13 months old
>
> The component template in the "proposal" directory should also be updated.
>
> One last remark, there is a xmlunit component and there is also a
> sourceforge project with the same name:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/xmlunit/
>
> -- Dirk

Mark Diggory