commons-dev mailing list archives

From Robert <rob...@bull-enterprises.com>
Subject Re: [Jelly] Converting JSP taglib to Jelly taglib
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 22:53:16 GMT
If you have messy HTML that would probably be the case. However, Jelly
scripts can easily generate HTML as well as anything else (csv files,
XML, straight text, or no output at all). There is even a JellyServlet
for doing such a thing. Oh yea and you can embed Velocity scipts (using
a Jelly tag) in a jelly script as well.

I have used Jelly to dynamically generate a ton a test SQL statements
into a regular text file to populate a database with dummy data.

On a related note, I am working on a JSP taglib that will allow
embedding of Jelly scripts in a JSP page as well as executing an
'external' jelly script, if you are interested. I have a definate need
for it coming up soon so I'm going to write it regardless and then
donate it, but if you want I will send it to you when I'm done.

Robert McIntosh