commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gerry Duprey <gdup...@Schools-OPEN.com>
Subject [configuration] order of compositeconfiguration items
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 16:40:09 GMT
Howdy,

In addition to being able to addConfiguration(), has there been any thought to
an insertConfigurationAt(Configuration, x)?

I ask because I'm building up a composite configuration from several resources
and the order that I build them is from lowest to highest priority (when
resolving duplicate names).  As things are now though, addConfiguration()
treats the first configuration as the highest priority.  Based on how I need
to load things, this make life difficult (I have to cache all parts of the
composite configuration into a Vector until done, then run through the vector
backwards to install them).

Certainly I can work around it, but a bit more flexibility in the order
configurations are added/searched in the composite would be of some benefit.

Thoughts?

Gerry

--
Gerry Duprey