commons-dev mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: math to apache commons was Re: [all] Separate email list for math development?
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2003 20:52:58 GMT
Tim O'Brien wrote:
>>so - is there a positive alternative? i'd like to propose that
>>common-maths continues to be affiliated with jakarta-commons but
>>becomes managed by apache commons.
>>

> +1, I think that now is the right time to move commons math to
> Apache Commons.

As long as [math] focuses on Java, I don't see what this will
buy.
If it's simply the commons list becoming too crowded, decide
where [math] should go:
1. A companion to [lang], [logging] and [cli], valuing "small"
  over completeness and focusing on common tasks -> stay at
  jakarta-commons
2. Grow into a full fledged library or even a system of apps
  related to numerical calculations -> become a stand-alone
  Jakarta subproject, or even go top-level.

J.Pietschmann