commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Gl├╝ck <ortwin.glu...@nose.ch>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-commons/httpclient/src/java/org/apache/commons/httpclient/protocol Protocol.java
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2003 13:30:46 GMT
Michael Becke wrote:
> I think the addition of an instanceof test is good, but I think we
> should deprecate here instead of removing the constructor.  This
> removal causes a binary compatibility problem that I think we can
> easily avoid.
>
> Mike

That's why it is listed in API changes :-)

Of course we can replace the second constructor with a call to the first
one to be 2.0 API compatible:

/**
  * @deprecated
  */
public Protocol(String scheme, SecureProtocolSocketFactory factory, int
defaultPort) {
   this(scheme, (ProtocolSocketFactory) factory, defaultPort);
}