commons-dev mailing list archives

From Harish Krishnaswamy <hkrishnasw...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [ANN][hivemind] hivemind has been temporarily taken offline
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2003 16:05:02 GMT
Hi Danny,

I don't deny the recommedation that the PMC should be notified of situations such as this
although I
don't know why the PMC list is private. But it seems like all this confusion is due to the
lack of
proper protocols defined in a public place that people can follow, or have I not looked around
well
enough. May be this is the first such situation and something may spring out of here, I don't
know.

Thanks,
Harish

Danny Angus wrote:

> Harish,
>
> There isn't very much traffic on the PMC list at all, most business, and
> all votes, is transacted on the general list.
> If anyone has any item which they wish to draw to the specific attention of
> the PMC it is always a good idea to post to PMC@ because you will then know
> that your message has been read. Further discussions could be carried out
> on the general list or in private, whichever was more appropriate. By which
> I don't mean that the PMC would reach its decisions in secret but that
> issues of individual privacy may make it more acceptable to keep the
> discussion out of the spotlight.
>
> d.

> The information in this e-mail is confidential and for use by the addressee(s) only.
If you are not the intended recipient (or responsible for delivery of the message to the intended
reflect the opinions and views of The Student Loans Company Li
mited.