commons-dev mailing list archives

From Wolfgang Hoschek <whosc...@lbl.gov>
Subject Re: COLT and Licensing was: [math] [primitives]
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2003 01:53:46 GMT
Hi,

I'm the COLT maintainer and not regularly on this list, so only saw the
discussion now circumstanstially.

The latest stable release (1.1.0) is repackaged due too popular demand,
eliminates license-offending packages, does not include GPL'd code
anymore, and is available from a new location:

	http://dsd.lbl.gov/~hoschek/colt/

FYI, the licenses are here:

	http://dsd.lbl.gov/~hoschek/colt/dependencies.html

The LGPL corejava package is not essential for most parts of the library
and could be dropped by sacrificing some print functionality. Similar
things hold for the com.isml.math package and the concurrent lib.

CC me directly if there should me more ongoing discussion.

Wolfgang.