commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <P...@ThoughtWorks.net>
Subject sandbox/ThreadPool change pending
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 18:25:48 GMT
Folks,

I have commit access, but not inclination without discussion, to make
some changes to sandbox/threadpool...

Basically, I'd like make a _backwards_ _compatible_ change to ThreadPool
that allows the user to choose not not in any way use Commons-Logging.
As in not depend on the jar.  The default operation would be to use
commons logging of course, thus making this backwards compatible.

The idea is best documented here by Leo Sutic :-
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?AvalonNoLogging
Note the change I have ready is not introducing a dependancy on Avalon
or any other package to the codebase.

I'll attach the source/patch to a following email.

Regards,

- Paul

--
http://www.thoughtworks.com -> The art of heavy lifting.
Home for many Agile practicing, Open Source activists...