commons-dev mailing list archives

From __matthewHawthorne <ma...@phreaker.net>
Subject Re: [Math] common-math and bloated 3rd party libraries
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2003 14:26:37 GMT
I, for one, like the idea of commons projects depending on each other
when necessary.  There is always a lot of controversy with regards to
"including another jar" that I don't quite understand.  I agree that if
there are only 1 or 2 references, it may be reasonable to include the
dependencies as package private classes, or make more of an effort to
avoid them in the first place.  But this avoidance of code reuse
sometimes disturbs me.

Are you short on disk space or something?  To me, 850 kb isn't really
that much.