commons-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: OT: Re: was [ANN] hivemind has been temporarily taken offline, NOW: Geronimo code onwership
Date Sun, 09 Nov 2003 16:24:16 GMT

On Friday, November 7, 2003, at 05:53 PM, Vic Cekvenich wrote:

> Danny Angus wrote:
>
>> 3/ Geronimo is not under the jurisdiction of this PMC. The Geronimo
>> situation was explained to you at the time .
>
> Would you please refresh my memory a link the message explaining the
> source of Geronimo source? I think that most people believe, including
> me, that it is refactored jBoss code, how else could so much code
> apear.

Come on, Vic.  Take this to the geronimo list if you have accusations.

Remember, many of the core Geronimo developers were core JBoss
developers.  They are free to re-license their code if they choose to,
just like you can take code *you* contribute to the ASF and relicense
if you wish to.  They are also focused and dedicated and working on
this full time, in an area that they have expertise in.  Re-writing
something you have done before is generally much faster the 2nd time
around.

> or just ignore this post, no need for another flame war on Geronimo. I
> think Geronimo is a shamefull part of ASF.

Take it to the members list or the Geronimo list.

geir

geirm@optonline.net