commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremias Maerki <dev.jerem...@greenmail.ch>
Subject Re: [io] Current plan?
Date Sun, 23 Nov 2003 09:45:06 GMT
Henri,

thanks for helping out. I'm just scratching together some time now and
then to bring IO forward. Mostly hacking on it while travelling by train.

We've got some kind of todo list in the status.html. My changes in the
filefilter package weren't in there but were triggered my my rewriting
listFiles(). And the FileUtils todo entry merely says "FileUtils: This
class is a big mess ATM. We need to clean it up." which is really all
there was to say. Now it's already better and one of the next steps is
to create a FilenameUtils class with methods for people who work with
filenames instead of java.io.File. FileUtils is reserved for
java.io.File.

I'll update status.html soon to reflect what I was doing and I see need
doing.

On 23.11.2003 09:07:48 Henri Yandell wrote:
> Just wanted to ask what the current plan was for Commons IO. Do you have a
> todo list anywhere that you're working from?
>
> Is there anywhere I can help?

Jeremias Maerki