commons-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mart...@apache.org>
Subject [site] Non-Maven web sites
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2003 19:56:25 GMT
I've updated the wiki page with the current status of all Commons Proper
sites (and some of the sandbox sites). See:

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?CreatingStandardWebPresence

The main thing that struck me, when putting this together, is the number
of components that have both Maven and non-Maven sites. In all such cases,
the non-Maven site is the one linked to from the main Commons page. The
components in this state are:

  BeanUtils
  Collections
  Digester
  Discovery
  Jexl
  Lang
  Logging
  Modeler

Is there any reason why we should not switch over to the Maven sites as
the main sites right now, and "deprecate" the non-Maven versions?

Other notable issues with Commons Proper components:

 * EL does not currently have a Maven site.
 * Launcher has no web presence at all, despite being a Proper component.

The Sandbox is not a pretty sight at all, but IMHO we should get Proper to
where we want it to be first, and then bring Sandbox up to the same level.

--
Martin Cooper