commons-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Web Presence for ALL Jakarta Commons components
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 18:30:13 GMT
On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, Henri Yandell wrote:

> > > OK, that's three: Mark, Martin and Brett.  Is there any reason to NOT do
> > > this?  If not, I'd suggest that the three of you coordinate efforts, and do
> > > it.
> >
> > Count me on the list, I've done a fair amount of Mavenizing already, but
> > most of it has been undercover :-)
>
> Ditto. Am prepared to put time into achieving a common l&f for Commons.
>
> Couple of complaints about Maven:
>
> 1) I don't want to have to build every project [ie figure out weird Sun
> dependencies] just to push up a global site change. I can accept this
> though.

I know diddly about the multi-project capabilities of Maven at this point,
but I'm kinda hoping it will take care of this kind of thing...

> 2) The standard 'project documentation' section gets placed at the bottom
> when it's the most important information for a specific project. We
> replicate most of this in other sections. This replication can be a bit
> odd though, ie) contributors page and the maven generated project team
> page.

Agreed. I griped about this, too, not so long ago. The most important
links for a component should be at the top, and links to "farther away"
things should be farther from the top.

--
Martin Cooper