commons-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [FileUpload] Proposal for ease of use
Date Sun, 16 Nov 2003 01:58:52 GMT
On Sat, 15 Nov 2003, Henri Yandell wrote:

> Ditto. No reply seen on the list or through google.

I'm aware of the message. It's one of a few different ways that life could
be made simpler for the Servlets 2.3 developer. To ensure that it doesn't
get forgotten, I recommend entering an enhancement request in Bugzilla.

--
Martin Cooper

> Hen
>
> On Fri, 10 Oct 2003, Martin van Dijken wrote:
>
> > Hey gang,
> >
> > I've been checking out the FileUpload project recently to see if we should migrate
to it from our current code. Our current code however is a little easier to use and I'd like
to make a proposal to add a class to the FileUpload project.

> > Why not make a HttpServletRequestWrapper extension that can take a MultipartRequest
and parse it using the default FileUpload. This has a few benefits:
> > - The normal method of getting form info using getParameter() could be made to work,
so you don't have to change that part of your code if you suddenly need to add a File input
to your form.
> > - The request could be passed on to next servlets in a chain and would still work
if all methods were properly implemented.