commons-dev mailing list archives

From otisg <ot...@ureach.com>
Subject Re: Re: HiveMind and Spring Framework comparison
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 01:09:59 GMT
"Rod Johnson and Spring contributors 2001-2003."?  Eh, I don't
care, their business...although it can always become the
business of Spring users.  But let's not get into that.

Thanks for pointing this dish washing business.  Sounds correct,
although it's supposed to be able to pick and use only
individual elements of the kitchen sink from Spring Framework.

Otis

---- On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, David Graham
(grahamdavid1980@yahoo.com) wrote:

> I haven't used either framework but from the reading I've done
on both of them HiveMind is focused on
> doing one thing well and Spring is trying to be everything to
everyone.  Spring wants to replace
> Struts and WebWork in the view layer, provide a DAO/JDBC
framework, an IoC container, AOP, and wash
> your dishes.  You might also notice that not all Spring
developers are created equal.  Take a look at
> the copyright at the bottom of the javadoc...
>
> David
>
> hlship@comcast.net wrote:
>
> Check out my Blob for a lot of background on HiveMind:
>
> http://javatapestry.blogspot.com
>
> Spring is a little more vertical than HiveMind. HiveMind
allows for a much richer service environment
> and the XML is much simpler. HiveMind integrates a distributed
configuration model (inspired by
> Eclipse plugins) that is unique among the major microkernels.
>
> --
> hlship@apache.org
>
> Creator, Tapestry: Java Web
> Components
> http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry
> > Hello,
> >
> > While HiveMind is currently out of CVS, I thought I'd ask a
> > newbie question here, since I couldn't find any answers via
> > Google.
> >
> > Could anyone compare HiveMind and Spring Framework?
> > Aren't they trying to solve the same problems, use very
similar
> > approach, and allow very similar usage?
> >
> > I have not used either one of them, although I have
read/heard

commons-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org