commons-dev mailing list archives

From David Graham <grahamdavid1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: HiveMind and Spring Framework comparison
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 00:44:08 GMT
I haven't used either framework but from the reading I've done on both of them HiveMind is
focused on doing one thing well and Spring is trying to be everything to everyone.  Spring
wants to replace Struts and WebWork in the view layer, provide a DAO/JDBC framework, an IoC
container, AOP, and wash your dishes.  You might also notice that not all Spring developers
are created equal.  Take a look at the copyright at the bottom of the javadoc...

David

hlship@comcast.net wrote:

Check out my Blob for a lot of background on HiveMind:

http://javatapestry.blogspot.com

Spring is a little more vertical than HiveMind. HiveMind allows for a much richer service
environment and the XML is much simpler. HiveMind integrates a distributed configuration model
(inspired by Eclipse plugins) that is unique among the major microkernels.

--
hlship@apache.org

Creator, Tapestry: Java Web
Components