commons-dev mailing list archives

From Martin van den Bemt <mll...@mvdb.net>
Subject RE: [betwixt] Betwixt troubles...
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 15:55:29 GMT

On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 16:40, Mike Stanley wrote:
> Ok cool.  Thanks for looking into this for me.  (don't worry about it being
> late, not a big deal.  I just had to use Castor for the unmarshalling and
> Betwixt for the Marshalling - not really the most elegant but it did the
> trick temporarily.  It's actually funny, because I tried just switching to
> Castor completely, but was unable to do the complex marshalling with it,
> however it did manage to handle the unmarshalling well.  ;-)
>
> 1) Somehow I got it in my head that the name attribute was optional if the
> property attribute was present, and that the property this would cause the
> name of the element/attribute to be the default value (based off the
> property).
>
> 2) Ok.  So what is the best thing to do.  Should I grab a CVS snapshot?  Is
> this pretty stable (comparable to the 2/2003 snapshot, and/or alpha 1
> release - btw I view those as stable enough to use in prod)?

Don't know if Robert has anything in the pipeline for betwixt (haven't
spoken to him yet), but I think it is pretty solid. I still have to look
at the todo's that are present and 2 bug that is pending  (if a value is
null an empty element or attribute will be created, which results in an
empty string when marshalling, instead of not setting the variable) and
commons-sql has some issue with betwixt too, but I think I fixed that
with my commit from last night.
It's probably time for a release anyway (eg alpha-2), since a lot of
things got fixed since the last release. Since the last release also a
big refactor took place, but the test coverage has almost doubled, so I
am pretty confident in the stability..

Hope this helps..

Mvgr,
Martin