commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vsf] sandbox etiquette
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 22:05:24 GMT
> After that, if you don't hear any responses, I would imagine that you
> could go ahead start working on it.  You may want to check the Gump
> stats to see what other projects depend on it, depending on the type of
> changes you are making.

I've heard of others that use it, but these I know of:

http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/commons-vfs/commons-vfs.html#Project+Dependees

Ruper2 is a re-work of Ruper with VFS optional (not intrinsic) 'cos VFS
isn't maintained. Real shame 'cos there is some great work in there.

Good luck w/ your fixes.

BTW: I've seen a bunch of folks post [VFS] requests to this list. Given that
VFS went from active to stagnant so quickly, few folks could earn the rights
to become committers. As such, VFS has stalled (AFAICT). I wonder if it is
worth attempting to recruit a new development team & open it up to them. I
don't know who would have right to do that, but it might breath needed life
back into the project.

regards,

Adam