commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <>
Subject RE: TimerMap
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 20:43:11 GMT
Oh, what about making it extend AbstractMapDecorator?

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Rosenblum []
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 3:40 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: TimerMap

Hey there,

Thanks for all the feedback! Ideally, I think this makes the most sense
as a Map --since it's most common use cases are as a Map-- and the
javadoc would spell out usage scenarios and challenges (something I
will work on).

I've changed two points: TimedMapKey is now private and the backing
store is no longer synchronized (as per Arun's suggestions).
Synchronization can be left to the client developer.

Even though I wouldn't want to have client code accessing entries via
iterator in normal usage, I don't think calling keySet() should throw
an UnsupportedOperationException since examining the keySet of such a
map could be very useful in debugging caching issues.

Joseph Rosenblum | 25th Street Networks
Easy, Reliable Web Hosting @

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: