commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject [DIGESTER] access to private members?
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 18:15:07 GMT
I am writing a class that uses digester to read a configuration file.  I
want to use a SetNextRule, but my method is private.  So, what I would like
to do is wrap my call to digester.parse() in a PrivilegedExceptionAction and
have the AccessController run it, thereby giving the digester permissions to
call private members.  This doesn't work, however.  This would be a great
way to use Digester, but NOT break encapsulation.  Any thoughts?  Shouldn't
Digester support this?  This may be a limitation of the BeanUtils class,
I'll run a test.  But, in the meantime, give it some thought.  I think that
would be a great enhancement to digester (or BeanUtils as it very well may
turn out).

James Carman
President 	Carman Consulting, Inc.
1218 Bobwhite Ct.