commons-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Essl <christiane...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: [HiveMind] What next?
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2003 22:28:10 GMT
A wiki is a good idea. I think especially of a wiki page which provides
links to services implemented by people who don't have commons cvs access.
Harish ie had some intrest in a Cache service. I think a publish subscribe
thing would be a good form for event-dispatching (JavaBeans styled events
have some problems especially with Threaded model).

Concerning configuration: I think there should be a standard schema (my be
RelaxedNG). But - while keeping the build in processing - there should be a
possibility to leave the processing definition to the definer using special
services. As I see (yet another suggestion) this could be easily
acomplished if it was possible to get the (unparsed) Elements from the
ConfigurationPoint.

Christian Essl http://jucas.sourceforge.net