commons-dev mailing list archives

From Vic Cekvenich <cekvenich_...@baseBeans.com>
Subject Re: [HiveMind] 1.0 Beta
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2003 21:22:47 GMT
FYI, I will be converting basicPortal.com to use HiveMind. Soon move it
to the commons user list?
.V

hlship@comcast.net wrote:

> I believe we'll be getting to beta soon. Also, a proposal to promote HiveMind up to Jakarta
top level will be coming soon.

> The alpha-3 version, available for download (see the home page) is very close to what
the beta will be.

> There is some discussion about what features the beta will have that the alpha-3 does
not.  My opinion is they will be very close. Others want to build in some more complex dependency
features. I want to keep HiveMind minimal and simple, providing just the what's absolutely
necessary (in the framework), and what 90+% of users will generally need beyond that (in the
library). A contrib (contributions) library may be added to hold ideas in progress.

> --
> hlship@apache.org
>
> Creator, Tapestry: Java Web
> Components
> http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry

Victor Cekvenich,
Struts Instructor
(215) 321-9146

Advanced Struts Training
<http://basebeans.com/do/cmsPg?content=TRAINING> Server Side Java
training with Rich UI, mentoring, designs, samples and project recovery
in North East.
Simple best practice basic Portal, a Struts CMS, Membership, Forums,
Shopping and Credit processing, <http://basicportal.com> software, ready
to develop/customize; requires a db to run.