commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Knut Wannheden" <knut.wannhe...@paranor.ch>
Subject Re: [HiveMind] What next?
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 07:54:55 GMT
> A wiki is a good idea. I think especially of a wiki page which provides
> links to services implemented by people who don't have commons cvs access.
> Harish ie had some intrest in a Cache service. I think a publish subscribe
> thing would be a good form for event-dispatching (JavaBeans styled events
> have some problems especially with Threaded model).

I agree, a Wiki would be great!

> Concerning configuration: I think there should be a standard schema (my be
> RelaxedNG). But - while keeping the build in processing - there should be
> possibility to leave the processing definition to the definer using
special
> services. As I see (yet another suggestion) this could be easily
> acomplished if it was possible to get the (unparsed) Elements from the
> ConfigurationPoint.

(I keep getting confused when you write "build in" and probably mean
"built-in".)

The schema right now is pretty much a very stripped down version of RelaxNG.
The schema supports <element> and <attribute> and a "required" attribute for
<attribute>.  To keep things simple I think the default schema shouldn't be
a whole lot more complicated.  The next most important thing, IMHO, would be
an equivalent of RelaxNG's <choice> and <group>.  But like you I think that
both the schema language and processing should be pluggable.  Ideally as
HiveMind services of course!

I take it that changes to these parts would be for HiveMind 1.1.

--knut