commons-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Yung <eric.y...@jspectrum.com>
Subject Re: [HiveMind] User defined Translator
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 07:31:14 GMT

Howard M. Lewis Ship wrote:
> The documentation omits to say that you specify a class name for a translator in addition
to the
> predefine values such as "int" or "service".

Thanks for information. I can find the documentation now.

> What is the need for your proposed translator?  When do you need an qualified id but
don't know
> whether it is a service or a configuration?

The translator will be used in a configuration point where a service
will get the service ids instead of service objects. I will use those
service ids for recording. Since the service reading the qualified id
knows what it is getting, there will be NO confusion about whether the
id is a service or a configuration.

Regards,
Eric