commons-dev mailing list archives

From Danny Angus <Danny_An...@slc.co.uk>
Subject Re: Scripting in Java ?
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2003 08:04:23 GMT

Mark wrote:

> I think its important to point out that BSF is really a "Generic
> Framework" for plugging in other scripting engines

Snip...

> So with this in mind you can actually plug jython, rhino, etc into it
> and use it as a generic api for your java development.

I've used BSF with both Rhino and Jython, it really is what you want.

FWIW both Rhino (java script engine from Mozilla.org) and Jython
(www.jython.org) are excellent products, and much respect is due to their
creators/maintainers.

Which engine you end up using is then up to your own prefrences, Java
script is a handy option where you want to allow web developers to modify
the behaviour of web apps, python is much more readable by non-geeks if you
want to work with business people.

d.

viruses.