commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Dan Marchant" <...@fulcruminteraction.com>
Subject RE: Best way to deploy hivemind in a web application
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2003 16:01:06 GMT

Well in struts you could always extend the RequestProcessor and wrap
the processActionPerform, which could do the thread notify.

The problem I have is that the javassist part of the integration of
hivemind can't find the interface. It seems it may be a classloading
thing, but haven't figured out exactly what it might be.

I am almost wondering if it makes sense to have a preprocessor before
you deploy a hivemind app that does the byte code manipulation, instead
of a runtime?

I am running under weblogic 8.1. So not sure if it works under tomcat
or resin, but could try that out.

> Put the jars into WEB-INF/lib
>
> Have a servlet initialize the registry.
>
> That's something that's pretty missing; a servlet filter that would
construct the registry and take