commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Kumar Pankaj" <Pankaj.Ku...@drei.com>
Subject How to call a constructor with my own values (rather than the XML attributes or elements)
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2003 14:03:51 GMT
Hi Gurus,

I have been totally stumped by this.
I want to set a property in Java bean based on the pattern (it does not have any attributes)
Following is my simple XML

             <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
             <content>
			<Film>
				<Keyword>Tom Cruise</Keyword>
				<Headline>
					<TextTitleHi>Mission Impossible</TextTitleHi>
				</Headline>
			</Film>
			<Literature>
				<Keyword>Vikram Seth</Keyword>
				<Headline>
					<TextTitleHi>Principles of Life</TextTitleHi>
				</Headline>
			</Literature>
		</content>

For this, i want to create a single Java object named Content and set the propoerty called
category to Film when it comes to Film pattern. Now, I have not been able to use either <set-properties-rule>
or <call-method-rule> because none of them can pass the pattern name as parameters to
the methods.

Thanks in Advance,
Pankaj