commons-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Sutton <Adrian.Sut...@Ephox.com>
Subject RE: [httpclient] Handling Yahoo redirect...
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2003 23:51:45 GMT
Shame on me.  I could have sworn we actually had a redirect example on that
page, but apparently we don't.  It appears we don't actually have an example
atm though you might get lucky in the examples directory even though there's
no specific example for redirects:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons/httpclient/src/examples/

I don't have time to do up a full example at the moment but the structure
will be:

int status = -1;
String url = "http://www.yahoo.com";
while (status < 200 || status >= 300) {
	// create method.
	status = client.excute(method);
	if (status == REDIRECT) { // check the redirects article for all the
redirect status codes
		url = method.getResponseHeader("Location");
	}
}

If that doesn't help give a yell on the HttpClient-dev list and someone
should be able to get a comprehensive example.

Regards,

Adrian Sutton, Software Engineer
Ephox Corporation
www.ephox.com