commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin van Dijken" <mvdij...@madocke.nl>
Subject [FileUpload] Proposal for ease of use
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2003 11:06:57 GMT
Hey gang,

I've been checking out the FileUpload project recently to see if we should migrate to it from
our current code. Our current code however is a little easier to use and I'd like to make
a proposal to add a class to the FileUpload project.

Why not make a HttpServletRequestWrapper extension that can take a MultipartRequest and parse
it using the default FileUpload. This has a few benefits:
- The normal method of getting form info using getParameter() could be made to work, so you
don't have to change that part of your code if you suddenly need to add a File input to your
form.
- The request could be passed on to next servlets in a chain and would still work if all methods
were properly implemented.

I already have the concept worked out and could easily apply it to the FileUpload project.

Martin