commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mainguy, Mike" <MMain...@kmart.com>
Subject RE: [BEANUTILS] patch for resultset
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2003 17:02:07 GMT
Thanks, I'll post it into bugzilla...
I know that the instructions say to post patches there, but, I had also
heard it is ok to just post them into the mailing list (of course, that was
a different mailing list).

-----Original Message-----
From: Christoph.Reck@dlr.de [mailto:Christoph.Reck@dlr.de]
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2003 11:27 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: [BEANUTILS] patch for resultset

I've seen the hint many times in the Jakarta lists, that it is better to
post patches into bugzilla. there each issue is tracked, listed weekly and
requires an explicit handling, closing. It is less likely that a patch in
bugzilla gets lost as in the high volume commons-dev list.

You got already a notice from someone that considers your patch to be
useful. So either a committer jumps into this thread or you post you patch
to bugzilla...

Cheers,
Christoph

Mainguy, Mike wrote:
> Ref:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg28389.html
>
> I sent a patch in a while back to allow mapping specific interface
> definitions to resultsets so that the returned dynabeans don't
> necessarily 100% map to the resulset metadata.  It's useful when you
> have a service layer that needs to hand back data in a specific
> format, but it is not necessarily 100% matching the resultset's
> metadata (i.e. fields missing/etc).
>
>   I've been eyeballing the activity and it looks as though there's
> little interest/time to review such a thing (or I did something wrong
> in the patch submission process?).  Should I submit it through
> bugzilla or drop the issue?

> This message and its contents (to include attachments) are the
> property of Kmart Corporation (Kmart) and may contain confidential and
> proprietary information. You are hereby notified that any disclosure,
> copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action
> based on information contained herein is strictly prohibited.
> Unauthorized use of information contained herein may subject you to
> civil and criminal prosecution and penalties. If you are not the
> intended recipient, you should delete this message immediately.

:) Christoph Reck