commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mainguy, Mike" <MMain...@kmart.com>
Subject RE: [BEANUTILS] patch for resultset
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2003 15:13:48 GMT
Just as a follow-up after examining the reasoning, I exposed another reason
I did this.  DB2 (the version I'm using) maps all column names to UPPER_CASE
and my Beans use the typical java camel-case.  This allows me to do a
"automagic" case-insensitive mapping between the resultset field names and
the java class field names.  I actually pass a WrapDynaClass into the
consructor with the value-object class passed in and I get back DynaBeans
with all the same field names as my value-object...  No-muss, no-fuss...

-----Original Message-----
From: Mainguy, Mike [mailto:MMainguy@kmart.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2003 9:07 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: [BEANUTILS] patch for resultset

Ref:
http://www.mail-archive.com/commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg28389.html

I sent a patch in a while back to allow mapping specific interface
definitions to resultsets so that the returned dynabeans don't necessarily
100% map to the resulset metadata.  It's useful when you have a service
layer that needs to hand back data in a specific format, but it is not
necessarily 100% matching the resultset's metadata (i.e. fields
missing/etc).

  I've been eyeballing the activity and it looks as though there's little
interest/time to review such a thing (or I did something wrong in the patch
submission process?).  Should I submit it through bugzilla or drop the
issue?

This message and its contents (to include attachments) are the property of
Kmart Corporation (Kmart) and may contain confidential and proprietary
information. You are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or
distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on
information contained herein is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized use of
information contained herein may subject you to civil and criminal
prosecution and penalties. If you are not the intended recipient, you should

This message and its contents (to include attachments) are the property of Kmart Corporation
(Kmart) and may contain confidential and proprietary information. You are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action
based on information contained herein is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized use of information
contained herein may subject you to civil and criminal prosecution and penalties. If you are
not the intended recipient, you should delete this message immediately.