commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [validator] incorrect license for some source files
Date Sun, 05 Oct 2003 19:22:56 GMT
On Sunday, October 5, 2003, at 05:48 PM, David Graham wrote:

> --- robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>> a number of components in the commons contain one or more source files
>> with licenses which do not match
>> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/license.
>>   (hint: 'Apache Group') these include validator.
>>
>> unless some folks from these components volunteer before 12 noon GMT
>> tommorrow (monday), i'll correct the licenses.
>>

> I just fixed the Validator licenses.  BTW, the license at that URL is
> incorrect.  Look at section number 5.

darn :(

(i've just changed a *lot* of files to match that license. never mind, i
should be able to use sed to fix it.)

should that paragraph read:

  * 5. Products derived from this software may not be called "Apache"
  *    nor may "Apache" appear in their names without prior
  *    written permission of the Apache Software Foundation.

?

- robert