commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [all] new list for cvs commits? (was Re: commons-configuration)
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2003 00:55:53 GMT
Emmanuel Bourg wrote:

> I agree that contributors should keep an eye on CVS commits, but a
> separate list doesn't prevent them from doing so. That's less
> confusing for newcomers like Hernan, reduce the noise for the non
> commiter folks here just interested in the discussions, and makes the
> archive more readable.

I would be -1 on making this change for any Jakarta project that I'm an
active participant in.  It's more than a "should" ... committers have a
*responsibility* to review commits from other committers.  The "should"
is for non-committers that want to know what is going on, or see if
their bugfix has been incorporated in the nightly builds, or ...

Other notes:

* Filtering the CVS commits (either all of them or by package) is a trivial
  exercise, because the subject line includes everythng you need.

* Discussions that are not intertwined with the CVS commits are
  welcome on the COMMONS-USER maililng list.

> Emmanuel

Craig