commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject [Vote] Promote Math project to Commons Proper..
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2003 16:04:24 GMT
I've read through the release documentation at:

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?MovingFromSandboxToProper

We would like to propose moving out of the sandbox for the following
reasons.

1.) Project Maturity: We are at a point of stability and have the
ability to now do an intial release.

2.) Project Contribution: Much of our developer base is contributors who
are beginning to seek some recognition for thier efforts. In the
sandbox, we don't have the capability to allocate the commit rights for
the project.

3.) Usability Testing: A strong aspect of the development process is
User feedback, without a release we are limited in the feedback we can
get from users. With a release, others will be able to begin building
dependencies on our project, and provide us with a means to complete the
development cycle.

thank you,
Mark Diggory

--