commons-dev mailing list archives

From Harish Krishnaswamy <>
Subject Re: [HiveMind] What next?
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 00:30:54 GMT
+1 on a beta release.

I think we have to redefine our goals for 1.1 and Wiki would certainly
be the best place to do that in addition, of course, to capture ideas. I
have not setup a wiki before so I can take it up as an assignment but I
cannot squeeze time for this right now with my 12hr work schedule :(. I
am hoping I will find time in a few weeks.

Howard M. Lewis Ship wrote:

>I've been touching up the framework and docs and I really think HiveMind is ready to go
into beta.
>My definition of beta is "code complete, no changes outside of focused bug fixes".  In
other words,
>by going to beta, we're saying that HiveMind is feature complete for a 1.0 release.
>We have lots of cool ideas for a 1.1 release ... but despite the surprising amount of
interest in
>HiveMind, my preference is to keep it as small and focused as possible, without omitting
>features that will be generally useful.
>I've lost track of all the cool ideas that have popped up. We need a HiveMind wiki somewhere.
>Howard M. Lewis Ship
>Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail: