commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-commons-sandbox/chain/src/java/org/apache/commons/chain/web/servlet/config ChainServlet.java
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 17:03:05 GMT
craigmcc@apache.org wrote:
>   Add ChainListener as an alternative configuration mechanism for
>   Servlet 2.3 or later systems (it takes advantage of the getResourcePaths()
>   method on ServletContext to scan all JAR files in "/WEB-INF/lib" for
>   "META-INF/chain-config.xml" resources, and loads them automatically).

I had trouble with the JAR block.

         // Parse the resources in any embedded JAR files
         Set jars = context.getResourcePaths("/WEB-INF/lib");

It tossed an exception for JARs that did not have a
META-INF/chain-config.xml resource to parse. I commented it this out,
and it otherwise dropped in as a replacement for the ChainServlet.

Using the META-INF to signal which JARs to scan is a very cool idea, but
people still might want to cite the files to load the old-fashioned way.
  So, for discussion purposes, I did a ChainListener2 that allows the
Chain configurations to be specified from a web resource, or a
classloader resource, or both. Of course, we could also do the JAR
scanning as well.

-Ted.