commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-commons-sandbox/chain/src/java/org/apache/commons/chain/web/servlet/config ChainServlet.java
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 12:58:26 GMT
craigmcc@apache.org wrote:
>   Add ChainListener as an alternative configuration mechanism for
>   Servlet 2.3 or later systems (it takes advantage of the getResourcePaths()
>   method on ServletContext to scan all JAR files in "/WEB-INF/lib" for
>   "META-INF/chain-config.xml" resorces, and loads them automatically).

ChainListener:

  *     Name of the servlet context attribute under which the
  *     resulting {@link Catalog} will be exposed.  If not specified,

ChainServlet:

     /**
      * <p>The servlet context attribute in which the catalog will be
stored. </p>
      */
     protected String catalogAttr = Catalog.CATALOG_KEY;

     public final static String CATALOG_KEY =
"org.apache.commons.chain.CATALOG";

Struts CatalogConfiguratorPlugIn:
     /**
containing
      * our defined command chains has been stored.</p>
      */
     public static final String CATALOG_ATTR =
         "org.apache.struts.chain.CATALOG";

Do we want to use "catalog" or something like
"org.apache.commons.chain.CATALOG" as the default attribute key?

If this were something that would be used by a server page, I would lean
toward "catalog", since the dots make it look like a nested reference.

But since this seems to be something that would be used by a
conventional Java class, I would lean toward the longer reference, to
avoid conflicts.

Though I can't say I very much care either way :)

-Ted.