commons-dev mailing list archives

From Tetsuya Kitahata <tets...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [all] new list for cvs commits? (was Re: commons-configuration)
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2003 00:51:58 GMT

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 01:43:45 +0100
(Subject: Re: [all] new list for cvs commits? (was Re: commons-configuration))
Emmanuel Bourg wrote:

> I agree that contributors should keep an eye on CVS commits, but a
> separate list doesn't prevent them from doing so. That's less confusing
> for newcomers like Hernan, reduce the noise for the non commiter folks
> here just interested in the discussions, and makes the archive more
> readable.
>
> Emmanuel

Yep. This can be simply done.

1. Stop the "-cvs to -dev" forwarding (infrastructure@ and apmail@ issue)
2. Copy the participants addresses of -dev list to -cvs list
   (infrastructure@ and apmail@ issue)
3. Anyone who do not want the cvs commit message can unsub from -cvs.
   (Anyone can see the message trailer information of each mails:
    "how to unsubscribe")
4. http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail2.html#commons should be
   re-written.... Maybe :-)
5. Someone might announce these (#1 - #4) to commons-dev@jakarta